Purpose of the Role
As a Tec Squad Volunteer, you will provide regular, friendly one to one person-centered support to people who have no knowledge of, or find it difficult to use the internet, are unsure where to start and how to use it safely.
You will support people to improve their emotional health and wellbeing by helping them to feel less socially isolated, remain connected, feel valued and more confident.
As a Tec Squad Volunteer, you will be responsible for:
- Contacting your clients on a regular basis, building a relationship of friendship and trust.
- Supporting clients (as required) to: set up smart phones and/or tablets, send and receive emails, search the internet safely, set up and use zoom and/or other video conferencing platforms, set up and safely use social media accounts.
- Completing a weekly call log for each of your clients.
- Attending quarterly volunteer network meetings.
As a Tec Squad Volunteer, you must have:
- A good working knowledge of smart phones and/or tablets
- A good understanding of how to stay safe when online
- The ability to share skills and knowledge in an easily understood way
- Good timekeeping skills and a flexibility in being available at mutually agreed times.
- A professional attitude and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Accurate record keeping skills, keeping a weekly log of the support you provide to your clients.
- The ability to keep accurate mileage and other records in accordance with given procedures.
What you can expect from us:
- Induction and ongoing training and support.
- Regular volunteer network meetings.
- A chance to make a difference to the lives of otherwise isolated people.
How much time do I need to give to this role?
As a Tec Squad Volunteer your level of commitment can be agreed based on your availability, but we do ask for a minimum of one hour per week.
How to apply:
To request and application form contact Sandra Donkin, Sandra can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07912 295873
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of.