£1,000 bonus payable upon successful completion of 6-month probationary period & we offer an enhanced Refer a Friend payment scheme!
We can also transfer your NHS Pension, just as long as you have held & paid in to it within the last 12 months!
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified and NMC Registered Mental Health Nurse to join our specialist teams in our Adult or Older Persons Service. To be successful in the role, you will be passionate about delivering person-centred care, possessing good communication and interpersonal skills.
As a Mental Health Nurse within our services, you will lead on efficiently coordinating and controlling day-to-day care, both in conjunction with, and in the absence of, the Service Manager and Clinical Team Lead.
As a vital member of the team, you will also work with service users, their families, and other carers to assess client need, develop support plans, implement planned interventions, promote positive risk taking and empower the client group to maintain their skills.
In order to provide the best care for our residents; we have highly trained staff available 24 hours a day, and our nurses are supported by dedicated Support Workers.
Our building is well-equipped to meet the healthcare needs of the people we care for; however, we work hard to keep things as homely and relaxed as possible. Families and the people we care for are encouraged to bring their own items to personalise their bedrooms.
For more information about our services visit https://www.mentalhealthconcern.org/our-services
We offer free on-site parking & staff uniform, NHS Pension (subject to eligibility) or an enhanced pension scheme, 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and the opportunity to purchase more.
A comprehensive induction with ongoing training, development & Enhanced Restorative Supervision. Access to Employee Assistance Programme & Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent discounts & cashback on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants.
Please note: as this role is within a CQC registered care setting, we require all employees to be fully Covid-19 vaccinated with both doses unless they have a medical exemption. Evidence of vaccinations or medical exemption letter will be required.
As we are sure you will appreciate; we fully support this approach and will follow this legislation in order to keep our service users, their families and our staff as safe as possible.
We would love to hear from you if you possess the following:
- Are a newly qualified or experience NMC Registered Mental Health or Learning Disability nurse with a valid Pin.
- Experience of working with people who have dementia or mental ill-health, who can present with behaviours that challenge.
- Knowledge and awareness of the principles of ‘recovery focussed outcomes’ and overall (mental and physical) wellbeing.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Mental Capacity Act and Safeguarding.
- Good clinical assessment skills
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess a genuine desire to care for this client group and can appreciate that all our clients are individuals and take a person-centred approach in your work.
- Can demonstrate an empathic attitude and can keep our values at the heart of what you do.
- Fully Covid-19 vaccinated with both doses unless you have a medical exemption.
How to apply
Please download the attached Job Pack which includes an application form and details of our Benefits & Rewards.
You can also request a Job Pack from the email address below by quoting the job reference number.
Please email completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
This advert is open ended, and applications will be shortlisted within a week of receipt.
This post is subject to a DBS check, which we will cover the cost of, and we do reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We are passionate about creating a diverse workforce and positively encourage applications from underrepresented communities.