This is a vital role that will see you using your strong administrative and communication skills to support MHC and the VCSE (Voluntary, Charity and Social Enterprise) to transform the way mental health care is delivered for adults across Northumberland.
This newly created role will involve a wide range of tasks. You will be responsible for providing high quality administrative support to the Recovery College and VCSE Alliance in Northumberland, ensuring effective and efficient administrative systems are put in place and maintained to support delivery. You will also organise meetings, taking minutes and following up actions as required, produce correspondence and prepare presentations and be responsible for you own small projects as directed.
To succeed in this role you must have proven experience of providing high quality administrative support, and be able to manage to your own time to meet competing deadlines. You will also have strong written and verbal skills with the ability to produce high standard written documents for different audiences and engage effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders.
Although you will be employed by Mental Health Concern the project will be directed by the Voluntary, Charity and Social Enterprise Alliance with your role reporting to the VCSE Lead.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do. This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
To succeed in this role you will:
- Proven track record in an administrative role including supporting meetings and managing a digitalised documents management system
- Experience of providing quality customer service, ideally in a project / office environment
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise your own
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders at all levels and produce high quality written documents for different audiences
- Evidence of meeting performance targets and objectives on time and to a high standard and, going the extra mile when required to achieve the right outcomes.
What we offer in return:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- An enhanced pension scheme
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply:
- The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description and person specification. It is essential that you read these documents prior to applying for this role.
- For further information about this role, please contact Julia Perry on email@example.com for further information about this post.
- To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your junk mail folder.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 11th April 2021
Interview dates are to be confirmed
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, which we will cover the cost of. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.