We currently have an exciting opportunity within our Housing with Care and Support Services for a passionate and highly motivated individual to join us as a Community Support Worker.
As a key member of the team, you will assist and be supervised by our highly experienced Registered Mental Health Nurses in implementing support programmes in partnership with our tenants; the main objective of this is to enable our tenants to participate fully in community life. You will support our tenants in the general domestic routine of their home, including shopping, cooking and cleaning. Our aim is to create as homely environment as possible.
Our Housing with Care and Support Services provide intensive housing and support services across Tyneside for people with enduring mental health problems and young adults experiencing a first episode in psychosis and drug and alcohol related issues. Our purpose is to enable people to maintain their tenancies within the community and move on to more independent settings where possible. We focus on promoting employment, education, relapse prevention, living skills, condition management and positive move-on within 1-3 years.
You will be expected to work independently within the Newcastle and Gateshead community with tenants and access supervision from nursing staff. Therefore, it is crucial that you hold a valid driving licence and have access to your own transport. Also, some out of hours on-call work will be required in order to support our busy service.
You will be joining Mental Health Concern, which is a leading NHS and Local Authority commissioned charity that provides a wide range of specialist mental health services, supporting people with mental health problems to live valued lives. As part of the Concern Group, we are primarily based in the North East of England and employ over 275 staff. Established for over 30 years, we are proud to be one of the largest non-statutory providers of mental health services in England.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. Our staff are key in delivering this mission and are committed to the organisations core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that has experienced recent growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Experience of supporting people who have enduring and complex mental health problems and with a good knowledge of the effects of stigma and discrimination they may encounter and how to support individuals to overcome these
- An effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills, and good written skills
- Able and willing to regularly work without direct supervision, using your own initiative
- Hold a valid driving licence, and with access to your own vehicle in order to meet the transport requirements of the role
- Previous experience in a community-based setting would be desirable
What we offer in return
- An enhanced pension scheme
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays (rising with length in service) and with the opportunity to purchase more
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing training, development and supervision
- A supportive culture that values work-life balance
- Access to LifeWorks, which provides excellent corporate discounts on shopping, cinema tickets and restaurants
- An Employee Assistance Programme which offers 24/7 financial, legal and personal advice, including free access to counselling where required
- Cycle to Work scheme and discounted gym membership
- Family friendly policies including enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Death in Service Insurance
How to apply
- The Job Pack for this role can be downloaded below. This includes the job description and person specification. It is essential that you read these documents prior to applying for this role.
- For further information on the role, please contact Daniel Hamilton (Acting Clinical Team Lead) via email@example.com or 0191 477 0924 and he will be happy to help.
- To apply, please complete the application form contained within the Job Pack and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note, all correspondence will be through the email address or phone number(s) provided on your application form. To avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your junk mail folder.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 11th April 2021
Interviews are expected to be held on 26th April 2021
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS, which we will cover the cost of. Concern Group reserves the right to close the vacancy early if a large volume of applications is received.