We offer opportunities to move on for people who have lived in local authority-funded supported housing for some time and no longer require that level of support.
The support we offer
The service provides the following:
- High-quality, well-maintained housing.
- Longer-term tenancies with stability and opportunities for independence.
- Support only when needed, with an out-of-hours telephone service.
- Access to experienced mental health workers when required.
- Access to community activities and resources.
We offer a number of one-person flats in the Gosforth area of Newcastle upon Tyne and in Gateshead.
All of the flats are fully furnished, decorated, and maintained. Tenants are encouraged to either bring or choose their own furniture and select decor to their own taste.
Type of support
Tenants have access to one hour of direct support time each week, although extra support can be given when needed.
The support we offer includes:
- Housing/tenancy management.
- Financial/budgeting support.
- On-call service.
- Community integration.
- Support with appointments/meeting attendance.
Rental/accommodation charges are paid for by the tenant, or by the local authority’s housing benefit department (depending on eligibility). Support is paid for by a small weekly charge to the tenant.