Lunch Links Volunteer
We are looking to recruit a volunteer to support our Milna Juna group.
The group meets every week on a Monday over the lunch time period at Monkchester & Kingson Green Community Room, Kingston Green, Walker, NE6 2LN.
We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to join our Asian Ladies Group ‘Milna Julna’. The group meet every Monday. The ladies make their own arrangements to bring food to the group that they have prepared in advance. There is no cooking involved in the role. Duties include serving the ladies with hot and cold beverages and snacks, washing dishes and leaving the room tidy at the end of the day, this may include light hoovering and cleaning.
Punjabi speaking would be an advantage but not essential as the ladies also speak good English although the conversations in the room are usually in Punjabi.
How much time will you need to give?
We are looking for one or two people to support this group, if you would not be able to commit to every week, but able to cover a few sessions each month, we would still be interested to hear from you.
In return for your valuable time and dedication we offer you:-
- Comprehensive induction for the role
- On-going training and development opportunities
- One-to-one and/or group based support
- Reimbursement of expenses
- Support from the management team
What we are looking for in the volunteer:
- An interest in people and a commitment to inclusion, treating people from all backgrounds with dignity
- 18 years old or over (unfortunately, due to the nature of the role we cannot accept applications from under 18’s)
For an informal discussion regarding this post please call Joanne Porter on 0300 300 7070.
Application packs can be downloaded below, requested by e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 0191 217 0377.
Please return your application to: Buttress House, Brenkley Way, Seaton Burn, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 6DS or email@example.com